The Roman Catholic Church’s Donation of Constantine
The Roman Catholic Church fabricated an imperial decree in the 700s called the “Donation of Constantine.” It states that Constantine the Great sought a cure for his leprosy and was converted and baptized by Pope Sylvester. In gratitude, Constantine supposedly granted the Roman Catholic Church authority over Rome; the western part of the Roman empire; the four patriarchal centers of Constantinople, Alexandria, Antioch, and Jerusalem; and the global church.
Hanging in the Vatican’s Hall of Constantine is the painting “Donation of Constantine” by the assistants of renowned artist Raphael, completed between 1520 and 1524. With this public presentation, the Vatican continues to present a false understanding of early church history.